When I started Green Thumb Barbers I had a lot of challenges. I needed equipment that was eco-friendly and yet still had commercial quality. Let me tell you, I spent quite a bit of money and learned from trial and error the importance of buying quality products.
Stihl may be name brand, I may just be paying for the label, but Stihl works fantastic and I couldn't be happier. I will be doing reviews on a Lithium Ion Hedger as well next week. I also use a new Environmental friendly new Wood Boss Chainsaw from Stihl.
Let me tell you this Grass Trimmer is Amazing!! The benefits of using this trimmer vs. a gas trimmer can not be beat.
Ok, Let's get this straight right away. This is a commercial Grass Trimmer!! The power is all there, I promise!! 36 volt lithium ion battery powers this trimmer.
The first thing you will notice is it's weight. My forearms from using a propane trimmer got huge because of how heavy that thing was. This trimmer is light and easy to use. I use it for trimming and edging lawns. I recently used it on some thick nasty stuff. I like that depending how much I squeeze on the button it will give me more or less power.
The battery I use is the AP-80. Stihl makes an even better 36 volt AP-160 with twice the power and length of time for use.
You have to pay for the battery, charger, and trimmer all separately. It's expensive! It's worth it!
Being an Eco-Friendly Landscaping and Gardening business is difficult. I pay a lot more for my equipment then my competitors. I don't pay for gas though, which in the long run, I will save money and our environment.
I have an adapter for my cigarette lighter in the truck that I use to charge the battery after every stop I make.
It works out great for me.
Check out the video below:
I love this thing and Stihl's commitment to our environment.
Hope you enjoyed a little peak into how we stay committed on being #1 in environmentally friendly landscape and gardening practices.
More Info Below on Stihl Lithium Technology
The Future of Professional Green Technology Is Here
STIHL Harnesses the Power of Lithium-Ion Battery Technology
STIHL Lithium-Ion technology – No Gasoline, No Emissions, No Power Cords.
STIHL harnesses this technology to produce an exciting new line of cordless, battery-powered outdoor power equipment. The result is a new breed of environmentally responsible products, eliminating both fuel costs and exhaust emissions. You can “save green” while “going green” with STIHL Lithium-Ion technology.
The 36-volt AP 80 & 160 Lithium-Ion battery is designed for long running times with quick recharges and operates at full speed until depleted, so there is no gradual drop in power during use. Batteries can be charged hundreds of times without any noticeable loss in capacity, and special battery electronics constantly monitor the battery to ensure optimal operation and a long service life.
STIHL Lithium-Ion battery powered products:
- Environmentally responsible option for high-performance machines
- Eliminate fuel costs for less expensive long-term operation
- No cord, no exhaust emissions, no gasoline smell
- Instant startup – just pull the trigger
- No need for oil and fuel mixing
- Less vibrations and quieter equipment performance
- No gradual drop in power –runs at full speed until battery is depleted
- Two batteries available – with 80 or 160 watt hours of power
- Long service life – more than 80% of battery capacity remains after 500 charges
- Battery design monitors temperature and shuts down if too warm or too cold
- Intelligent battery circuit board exchanges data between tool and charger
- AP 160 battery can be used interchangeably with the AP 80 battery
- STIHL has partnered with the RBRC (Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation), and batteries
can be returned for recycling at participation STIHL servicing Dealers: www.call2recycle.org